Job DescriptionWe are seeking a contract WordPress Theme and Plugin Developer, Drupal experience is a big plus. Day-to-day expectations will include working with our team of developers to deliver high-quality website and web application projects on time and within budget. As a WordPress Theme and Plugin Developer, you will be expected to work closely with a team of developers on multiple projects and be able to perform the development work of a Senior WordPress Developer. This person cannot be employed elsewhere full-time and should be available for meetings during standard East Coast US work hours (UTC-5). We are currently only able to work with contractors based in the US and Canada.
- Please note: We are currently only able to work with contractors based in the US and Canada.
- No Recruiters.
- No less than 8 years of experience.
- Contractors only, cannot be employed full-time elsewhere.
- Enjoys collaboration with a talented team of different skill levels.
- Able to demonstrate strong WordPress Development skills.
- Experience with architecture and technical planning.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON data structures is preferred.
- Excellent design sense and an eye for detail.
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Asana or Atlassian.
Bonus if you have
- Experience working with Drupal, Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration, Laravel, and JIRA.
- Automated testing.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with WooCommerce development.
- Familiarity with Gutenberg and block-based development.
- Proficient in Git version control.
- Experience with security best practices and plugin maintenance.
- Develop custom WordPress themes from scratch, ensuring responsive layouts and pixel-perfect execution.
- Build custom plugins to extend the functionality of WordPress and meet specific client needs.
- Implement user-friendly interfaces and interactions, considering both aesthetics and ease of use.
- Integrate third-party plugins and APIs seamlessly with themes and plugins.
- Perform thorough testing and debugging to ensure optimal performance and compatibility across browsers and devices.
- Maintain and update existing themes and plugins, addressing bugs and implementing new features.
- Document code clearly and accurately to facilitate collaboration and future maintenance.
- Collaborate with designers, project managers, and other developers to ensure project success.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest WordPress trends, best practices, and security updates.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Tailwind CSS is a plus.
BenefitsDaggerhart Lab Pays industry-competitive rates.
Send us your resume today!
Daggerhart Lab is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire contractors without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
If you’re interested in applying to our full-time position or discussing contracting with us, please drop your resume here!
"*" indicates required fields